Junior Update November 13, 2020
Class of 2022
Wow! Another great feat completed by our awesome class of 2022! You have completed a week of Level 3 remote learning. You logged in to more zoom sessions that you ever imagined you would, learned how to become more tech savvy, and became much more independent with your learning! You are learning how to adapt to situations that are not always ideal, however these skills will serve you well in the future! We miss all of you and we hope that we are back on-site soon.
TAKE NOTE OF……..
- Continue to think and dream about the career that you would like to pursue after you graduate in 2022. Health care careers are in high demand and this demand is expected to continue for many years to come. Consider attending the Virtual Health Summit to learn more about these opportunities. See the attachment!
- Free WiFi Internet Access – see the attachment!
- Troubles with Zooms or other tech issues??? – see the attachment and/or contact our CHS Tech Specialist Jayne Leusink. Jayne.Leusink@k12.sd.us
- Need ideas on creating a schedule while we are in Level 3??? – see the attachment “Level 3…”
- Remember to keep focused and to always do your own personal best. You need 16 credits by the end of the 20/21 school year to be classified as a senior. Don’t let covid get in the way of your graduation and your future dreams. You are the CLASS OF 2022!
Applications for the US Senate Youth Program are now available. You are eligible if:
*you are an 11th or 12th grader
*you have demonstrated leadership as an officer in Student Council, Class Officer, NHS officer or hold a leadership office in another educational group like FFA, HOSA, etc.
*you have a strong academic record
South Dakota will select TWO applicants to attend the United States Senate Youth Program March 14-18, 2021 (online). Attendees receive a $10,000 college scholarship. See the attached brochure for more information.
Applications (HERE) are due in the CCC no later than December 1, 2020. If more than two CHS students submit complete applications a faculty group will select the CHS nominees.
SCHOOL BREAKFAST AND LUNCH
Breakfasts and lunches will be available for pick-up at the main entrance if families would like to access meals during regularly scheduled breakfast (7:30-9:00am) and lunch (11:15-1:30pm) times.
For all of the details on dual credit, look back on the October 30th newsletter.
for SD BOR enrollment (BHSU, SDSMT, USD, NSU, SDSU, DSU)
for Western Dakota Tech enrollment. (YOU WILL BE ABLE TO VIEW A VIDEO AND ALSO LOOK AT THE LIST OF CLASSES.) To qualify for the free textbooks, you must have all of the documents completed by December 11th. Email your counselor if you have questions or need assistance.
Are you an artist? Do you enjoy celebrating the seasons? Do you enjoy inspiring others? If you answered yes to any of these questions, the Minneluzahan Senior Chalk Wall Project may be perfect for you. We are looking for an artist to share their talents by creating a fall/Thanksgiving theme design. Please text Kristin at 605-310-4400 to arrange a design time.
Are you interested in strengthening mental wellness and reducing stigma about youth mental health? The RCYCC mental health committee is looking for interested teens to participate in their efforts. Their next zoom meeting is November 15th at 4:30 p.m. Text Kristin at 605-310-4400 for zoom link information.
Do you want to raise environmental awareness among community members to create an eco-friendly community? Join the RCYCC Environment committee. Zoom meetings are on the 3rd Sunday of each month at 3:30 p.m. Text Kristin at 605-310-4400 for the November 15th meeting information.
Enjoy your weekend!